Saturday, July 1, 2017

I found the most interesting part of the three options was the Museum of Municipal Engineering. How interactive the Museum is, the fact that you could be inside of the train cars, touching the building blocks to make a bridge. It shows you technology of the past and how we got to were we are now. As an example, the pipes from the past and how they were made out of wood. And how they were all connected to pour into the river. I thought this Museum was the most interesting.

4 comments:

  1. I am curious as to how they were able to hollow out the large trunks back then. I also enjoyed looking at the old fashioned water mill that supplied the water to the pipes. We also learned today that the pipes above ground in Berlin are used to pump water away from new contraction sights because Berlin was built in swanpland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious as to how they were able to hollow out the large trunks back then. I also enjoyed looking at the old fashioned water mill that supplied the water to the pipes. We also learned today that the pipes above ground in Berlin are used to pump water away from new contraction sights because Berlin was built in swanpland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi's comment: I also agree the wooden sewer and water pipes were cool! Seeing the pictures of how they were made was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too found the water pipe invention to be very interesting. I didn't like the fact that they over worked their horses when it came to the tram system.

    ReplyDelete