Saturday, July 1, 2017

At the stained glass factory, I found it really interesting that they would use lead to shape around the glass. They also just had to make a small indent into the glass in order to break it apart which I found really interesting. They also used a thinner material (copper) in some glass windows rather than lead which made it lighter and also had less distance in between each glass piece. I also thought it was cool that the painting room was made specifically in that spot facing the north so that the light would be softer.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that the small scratch is all it took to break the glass was very interesting. I would have figured that it would have taken much more to break it. I love that they made the building specifically for the purpose of making stained glass so the windows faced north. It was so well planned when the building was being built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I throughly enjoyed the stain glass museum from the preparation, cutting, and edging the glass. I also thought the process of painting the glass and putting it in the special machine to heat it up sounds time consuming and super frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the tour but o e of the things I was expecting to see was Tiffany glass. The museum was mostly doing renovation and reconstruction though so some of the later developments in glass weren't really displayed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the museum espically the room on the third floor. I liked how they explained how most people would think the air bubbles in the glass were mistakes but they actually made cool designs when you held the glass up to the light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think i have ever seen stain glass with paint on it before. It gives ot a very real appearance to it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fun at the stained glass museum, it was interesting to solder two pieces of glass together. I'm use to soldering circuit boards so it was a new and fun thing to try!

    ReplyDelete